Spring is right around the corner. Like many homeowners, the projects that have compiled over the winter are likely adding up for you. After the harsh effects of winter weather, your home could probably use a little makeover. With the protection of your New Jersey High-Value Homeowners Insurance, try these simple solutions to get your home back to its original glory and prepare it for warmer weather.
The American Society of Home Inspectors recommends sorting through the following checklist:
- Before the spring rains hit, be sure any rotting wood around windows and doors is replaced.
- Protect the foundation of the home with compacted soil to prevent any moisture from seeping in.
- Enlist the help of a certified inspector to clean the chimney flue of any debris.
- Clean out the gutters and rid them of any loose leaves, debris, twigs, and trapped water. Ensure the home’s drains are facing away from the home to prevent flooding, as well.
- Silicone caulk or concrete filler is a simple fix for broken or cracked walkways. This can also be used on steps, as well. Just power wash and seal the finished product and your concrete will be secured for years to come.
- Have a certified inspector evaluate the home’s air conditioning system. Replace the filters, if needed, and inspect the coils to make sure they are working efficiently.
At Tri-State Insurance Agency, we are committed to protecting homeowners against the broad spectrum of perils they face. Whether it is your full-time residence or vacation spot, our high-value homeowner’s insurance is custom written to meet your specific needs. For more information, contact us today at (888) 990-0526.